Saturday, August 28, 2010

Limitations


That is absolutely mind-blowing. Seriously, if you think about that- nothing is out of our reach.

I saw something on our state testing program [what do you know, they actually tought me something]- that we as humans pick our limitations. We are the only things holding us back.

Reflect back. If I really actually tried when I was younger, I could've been a pro at volleyball. An awesome dancer, or ice skater. An artist, a singer. Heck, I could have learned to play an instrument. The only reason why I didn't is because I didn't think I could.

That's the one thing that's great about time: there's always a little bit of it. So, if you're still young [which to me is middle school, but really any age], try for it. Anything. Everything. Just go for it. If you have even the smallest desire, act on it. Ohmygoodness, PLEASE. You might probably will regret not doing it later.

Ibelieveinyou,
Macky :]

3 comments:

Jade said...

you've inspired me :) it's crazy that we limit ourselves, and are the only things holding us back. kinda mind bending in as way.
here's what i think: if we walk around that much, wouldn't we want to do it doing something we love? that's how i think of it.
p.s. sorry for not commenting in awhile, i've been so busy!

Kay said...

I actually think about this all the time!

One of the girls that I used to do ballet with me when I was 5 is incredibly good at it now. I can't help but wonder what I would be like if I continued to do ballet classes with her...

But, heck, we're still pretty young.

I really want to learn how to play the ukulele. :]

Mack said...

Jade: I think of it the same way. :]

Kay: We are still pretty young, so the hope's still alive. :D And ME TOO! Ukeleles are the best [especially since my itty-bitty hands can't play a guitar or piano with much ease...] :]