Wednesday, August 11, 2010

[InsertCoolEssayTitleHere]

[Sorry, this is a summer assignment, and, strangely, I like typing on here better than on Microsoft Word. It feels too secluded. ;] I'll try to make it a bit interesting, though.]

[Title]

"Who am I?" I've tried to answer that question my entire life.

I am still the relentlessly bullied second grader that found safety not only in the very few friends I had, but also in every book I picked up off the dusty library shelves. I wasn't like all the other kids- I had a lisp, and wasn't allowed outside at recess if I had even a sniffle. I grasped reading and its comprehension better than any other kid in my grade (I knew this because I had won the AR points contest for our grade). I was also an amazing speller- I prided myself with the fact that I could encyclopedia as quick as I could say the word itself. I was the bookworm, and the bookworm was me.

I am still the nervous fourth grader that sweated bullets when it was announced that we had to do portfolios. Every other student turned in a barely-filled manila folder, with an easy grin as that could have been taken as "piece of cake." I finished every piece longer than anyone elses', and didn't even finish my prized twenty-page piece on the adventures of two gerbils and a cat. I was the frustrated writer, and the frustrated writer was me.


I am still the shy eighth grader that had a knack for memorizing titles of books and their authors. This knowledge earned me nineteenth in the state for Governor's Cup in the Language Arts Written Assessment. It was amazing, to be at the top of the top of something. I was the champion, and the champion was me.


I am still that awkward freshmen that never talked in English class, except to my friend that sat in front of me. I never raised my hand, and never offered my opinion unless I was called upon. Yet, that very same year, I wrote a compelling memoir that my teacher said was "the best he had ever read." Even though I wasn't gifted and talented in English, the gifted was me.


I am still the naive sophomore that didn't think I'd have to break my back to get through Advanced English with an A, but I did anyways, when also at this time I was slowly turning famous for my writing online. I'd always thought I was an amazing writer. Everyone- every teacher, every friend I'd ever had- had told me so. This teacher was the toughest I'd had, and she almost made me dislike English, but when I realized her intentions weren't malicious, but actually helpful for the future, I appreciated her even more, and even began to enjoy her class. I was the hard-worker, and the worker was me.


While I was struggling with that A (which I earned), I had started a blog on the internet. I wouldn't call myself "famous", or even well-liked, but overall people seem to favor my writing (instead of condemning it). I have sixteen faithful followers, and I write almost everyday. I am the blogger, and the blogger is me.


*[I love you guys!] :D


I still enjoy reading, but don't do it as often. I don't consider it a hobby, but more like a treat. I am an amateur reader- I can't riddle out symbols, or archetypes, with much ease.


I'm good with details, but not with summarizing. I'm great with grammar, yet not with vocabulary (...yet). I struggle with the "Works Cited" formats.


I'm just now beginning to figure out who I am, but it's a ongoing study. I am not just being, I am becoming; my genes, my experiences, my readings, my writings, and my blog posts all make up who I am (as a literate individual). There's no other way to put it; I am Mackenzie: reader, writer, and blogger.


-------------------------------------------------------


Okay, so that was it [without editing and et cetera]. 4 [of the easiest] parts down, 4 more to go. Whoo..


I got my haircut. Honestly? I STRONGLY DISLIKE it right now. Yeah, it looked okay yesterday [the day I got it], but when I fixed it the way I thought it'd look good, I just had a bowl cut, instead of a cute bob. Fun stuff. I probably won't put a picture up, though, because I'm too disappointed [worst part is if I pass the driver's test tomorrow, I have to take a picture for my TEMPS].

:O


"Love is a canvas furnished by nature, and embroidered by the imagination." -Buford from Phineas & Ferb.


"People are like stained - glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross


"Adolescents are not monsters. They are just people trying to learn how to make it among the adults in the world, who are probably not so sure themselves." - Virginia Satir

SPAMM x's & o's

Thinkingaboutmakingsomechangestomyblog[justaesthetically],
Macky :]

1 comment:

Eleanor Roscuro said...

That was fantastic! You are amazingly talented, keep it up! That made my day! (Well, maybe not day, since it's 2 am my time, and I should be asleep, but never mind!)