Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Lions, Tigers, & Bears- OH MY!

This actually has nothing to do with this post, I'm just still obsessed with The Catcher in the Rye and all.

Well, this week has been interesting so far, and it's only Wednesday! Yesterday, there was a tornado drill [which was really just a storm with 65mileperhour gusts of wind], and today, there was a bomb threat, which kept us from lunch for an hour [and our class is already one of the last classes to eat, so that was not cool]. People are taking bets on what tomorrow will hold for us. A volcano? A black hole? An earthquake? Even just a normal day? [Friday sure as heck won't be, since it's Halloween-costume day] Really, it's all very exciting, because there aren't a lot of days where one day has something that is humongously different from the last.

I'm working on a [short] story/memoir, just for kicks and all. The whole idea is a good one [or in my opinion, worthy enough to write about], but the story is kind of bland in subject matter. Woo, wooden roses and a yard sale. I'm trying to spice it up, but how I struggle on wording things "perfectly" seems to be my downfall. It kills me. Really, it does. Overall, there's a lot of struggles right now [I hope you don't have too many though], but I'm learning from each of mine.

IwillpostmystorylatersometimesoonhopefullyIswear,

1 comment:

Kay said...

I'm excited already :]

And don't worry about wording things "perfectly." I don't know how you could possibly get your thoughts into words more effectively than you already do.