Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Watching You Walking Away Is the Hardest Part.




Today was his last day. My best friend's very last day walking through the same halls I'll have to mosey aimlessly through for the next two years.

Not going to lie, I'm going to miss him- not only because he won't be here with me, but also because he'll be living his own life off hours away without me.

He's walking out of my life, and I'm choking, struggling for words as he takes steps farther and farther away.

I'm not 'in love' with him, but he's definitely one of the people I most care about on this crazy planet. I'm not sure if he realizes that or not.

We laughed, we cried, and I farted really loud on the phone once. But I'll always remember him as Dirk, my best friend.

[ I had a poem, but I currently can't find it. ]

No comments: