Saturday, July 17, 2010

Emily Dickinson & A Deep Love of Bacon

[Funny.. I couldn't find one "funny" picture of Emily Dickinson. So, here's a picture I found on cardboardlove.com & a part of one of her poems.]

"I Came to buy a smile today
But just a single smile
The smallest one upon your face
Will suit me just as well
The one that no one else would miss
It shone so very small..."

Lately, I've been living life like Emily Dickinson. You know the one- locked up in my house, basically only focused on writing and learning and et cetera. Two differences, though. One, I'm not depressed [well, every once in awhile, but not manicly depressed]. Or suicidal. I just temporarily haven't had a life. Two, I'm pretty sure she didn't eat junk food like it was going out of style. Thank goodness for my teenage/inherited metabolism. :]

Oh goodness, it's getting worse. The smell of bacon is entirely intoxicating right now- it's swallowed me whole. I would never be able to be a vegetarian, just because of how much I love bacon. Our dog is named Bacon, for Pete's sake.

So, secret #239,484: I don't necessarily like green vegetables, but I will put up with my Mum's homemade green beans just for the whole slices of bacon.

No comments: