Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sunshine!



Hey there, readers! Sorry I kinda have fallen off the face of the Earth for most of this week without any consultation besides the cheap laughs and shallow things I left in my absence. I've been kind of sincerely depressed and unmotivated this week, so this is my post to make up for it.

For the past couple of days I have been speaking differently, & stumbling over my words. Maybe because I'm stuffed up like a turkey on Thanksgiving, but I'm not sure yet.

I read "Will Grayson, Will Grayson" the other day. It was slightly depressing at parts, and didn't exactly "improve" my week. But overall it's good, I guess- just different.

"I look at Jane for a long time and a slow smile creeps over her face. Her whole face changes when she smiles- this eyebrow-lifting, perfect-teeth-showing, eye-crinkling smile I've either never seen or never noticed. She becomes pretty so suddenly that it's almost like a magic trick- but it's not like I want her or anything."

[I like quotes like this- the quotes that explain human nature/how we work really interest me.]

I am quite upset that the song above [called Sunshine by Stephen Jerzak], bears a resemblance to the song "Hey There Sunshine" I came up with that I wanted him to sing. :/ I do like this one, too, though. :)

Hey there sunshine
Won't you be mine?
Out of the dark you pull me into the light
And then when I'm feeling down
Ya make the whole world seem bright...

That's all I got [that I liked], but still. It's an uncanny coincidence.

On another note, I found my old journals from Creative Writing class last year! Yippee! I would scan them and put them on here in their original form, but they are quite enigmatic [even to me], so I guess I'll just type some of them out soon, as their own posts. I was quite impressed, myself, so be looking forward to those. :)

Today, I cleaned my room, and cleared out all the junk in it. My Mom was right- it does feel better having a clean room [even though making it that way is time-consuming]. It's kind of like taking a bath, just feeling clean and organized- I don't know how to describe that feeling.

I actually had an amazing day yesterday, so much that it feels like too long ago. We went through the "Underground" part of Cincinnati [I live 30 minutes away and I still can't spell it] in its worst district. It was scary, but I really wanted to explore. I like being really interested in something for awhile- not like reading, but more visually. To come across things that are interesting [to see, in real life] just make my day. I don't understand why high schoolers really don't get field trips. Some of us are just as interested in things as elementary schoolers are. I got to spend the day with some one that I could just let it out to, finally. That's all I really needed- someone to talk to, face-to-face, about anything. I am SO thankful for her.

*Sigh.* I think that's it.

It'llbeshorternexttime,

1 comment:

Jillian said...

I've been depressed lately too. I get depressed in a weird way. I just get quiet and spacey, which is not at all my personality, but very few people notice.

Do you get sad? It's a horrible feeling.

I've also been feeling bad about being unproductive.

Will Grayson, Will Grayson was not my favorite John Green book.