Sunday, August 25, 2013

reminisce

I am listening to a song that one of my very good friends from a few years ago recorded. The first time I heard this song, I was sitting in an audience of 350 teenagers who had no damn idea what was going on in their lives. We were all at a crossroads with ourselves, and I very much was (and, sometimes, I think I always will be). When she started playing, the entire room went completely silent, and I remember everything in my body stopping in shock. Her music reminds me of a breath of fresh air in the wilderness- I hope it makes you feel the same way. I pray its clarity totally fills you, and I hope it helps you know that every person is at a crossroads.

It is called Mother Mary, and is performed by Jeri Katherine Howell for her new album Collage. It is on Spotify, and iTunes, so please listen to it.

No comments: